Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A MONSTER Summer Goal!! Organizing Digital Resources!!







Where to even begin...as my banner at the top says...I am a resource-hunting-a-holic...let's just say over the last 8-10 years or so I've "bagged"  a WHOLE LOT of digital resources!!!!  Now to get them all organized!!
I think that my collecting began when I was introduced to Proteacher.net.

I used to frequent the 3rd grade board weekly, if not daily, and scroll down to any posts that had a paperclip, meaning it had a download. I started downloading like crazy!  

Then I discover Teacher Blogs, TN, & TpT!!  Whoa...was...I...in...TROUBLE!!! You see I just can't resist~~





I think any time I see those words they really do look all glittery & sparkly!!  Sometimes I was downloading at home on our old desktop, then on the new one, sometimes on my school laptop, sometimes transferring files & folders onto flash
drives...there are teacher created files & folders all over the place!!!  Now, this doesn't include the teacher resources I've created for my classroom!

In addition I have become quite obsessed with interested in acquiring graphics & alphabets. I must say I DO love Lettering Delights! Every Friday they offer a freebie! :) The frequently run $1 sales too. Another great thing about Lettering Delights is that you can access your goodies straight from their site; you don't need to download & store complete sets just get what you need when you need it.  You can quickly look for what you need with their search button. I have about 1,500 alphabets/graphics sets.

I am not limited in my collection of graphics & alphabets to just LD...NO...I have graphic sets &/or alphabets from:

Super Scrap (couldn't find a link)

Now...most of those sets come in the nice little Zip files...you know...the ones with the zipper that you have to extract...takes a while...and where DO they go when you extract them!?!?!

It is a LOT to organize...I have begun using 'clouds' to organize all of my goodies. I'm using CX, Box, Dropbox, Sugarsync, Google Drive, & Evernote.

On the Desktop of my school laptop I have the following folders: 
New TN Freebies, 
For Print Shop (files to be copied by our district Print Shop for our grade level), 
In Clouds, 
For clouds, 
Super Scrap Alphabets, 
Picasa Organizing,
 ALL Alphabets, 
Pictures-School, 
Greg Tang Goodies, 
ccs (I was on our District committee dealing with the California Common Core...it had documents we worked on), 
12 13 Year (my common printouts for grading, my weekly behavior & restroom signout sheets, class lists, etc), 
In Dropbox, 
ndw materials (things I've created for our reading series), 
wbt videos (videos I shot at a whole brain teaching conference), 
other ( a hodgepodge of files & folders!), 
OK relief (this was the one through Teachers Notebook), 
test taking, 
Creations using LD, 
Words & Individual Clipart
Apple Management Stuff (all kinds of apple stuff I've made & use in my room)
& of course...
'My documents'(all these folders inside as well as files that aren't in folders YET) :
Behavior Chart
Blog Stuff
Bulletin Boards
Downloaded books
Downloads (I am going to list everything in here but it's A WHOLE LOT!!!)
Dr. Seuss
Dropbox
Field Trips
For Teacher Appreciation
For TN & TpT (a future goal!!)
GATE
Graphics & Clipart
holiday stuff
homework
labels
Language Arts
Math 
Misc
My Pictures
Parent Letters
Personal
Powerpoints
Questionaing Blooms
Roadrunner Notebooks (link to post about these)
Sub Stuff
Task cards & I have
Vistaprint


WOW....I'm exhausted just trying to look at the size of this MONSTER!!!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!

Are any of you struggling with this issue?
Do any of your Download folders look like this?


Any tips?
Well I'd better hit the publish button...I started this post yesterday!









1 comment:

  1. I FEEL your pain! However, I've worked on tackling this monster over the course of last year. And it's STILL a work in progress!

    My TPT/TN file is separated into paid and won vs. freebies and then in each of those folders categorized into ela, math, science, social studies, holidays, for the teacher, etc.

    my clip art is categorized into digital papers separate from everything else (purely because it's what I use the most) then it is grouped by designer/creator because I want to give proper credit and follow individual TOU.

    Not sure that helps, but GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips