Thursday, September 22, 2011

Here's to One Week Ago..Donor Choose Project Funded & Open House!!!!


I can't believe how the days just keep FLYING by!!!  It amazes me that tomorrow is the END of the 5TH week of school!  Sorry, I've been absent from posting!


Last Thursday I received an email letting me know that my Donor's Choose project for an iPod for the classroom had been funded!!  I was nervous it was some kind of mistake, because prior to that I had only had 4 donors (one of which was me!!!)  THANK YOU to Amanda Nickerson of One Extra Degree and Mrs. Saoud of Primary Graffiti who both donated!!! The fourth was a wonderful friend from my church who saw my plea on Facebook (thanks Beth!!)  After the 4 of us there was still about $500 to go!


  I made a plea to my district & parents for votes through Sonic's Limeades for Learning, hoping that maybe it would get funded that way.  The last time I had looked I had less than 30 votes and other projects had THOUSANDS.  I had pretty much figured with less than a month to go, it wasn't going to happen; then last Thursday I received that wonderful email stating it was funded.  I had one AMAZING donor from LA who had funded the rest of my project!!!!  


Today when our wonderful secretary called over the intercom to let me know the package I had been waiting for was in the office, my class let out a GIANT cheer and yell!!  My class's iPod is hooked to my computer right now downloading ebooks & apps!!!
Once again...

 I can't wait to start using the iPod with my students!! I'm going to be scouring all the blogs out there for great educational apps and ways to use the iPod in class!!


Last Thursday night was our Back to School Night...I let the kids know that even if they weren't able to come with their families, they would all be there...here's my 'Flat Stanley' class!!!






...and Mrs. Wilson, their 'Flat Stanley' teacher! (this was last year's self-portrait, my hair's a bit longer, but I figured that the kids knew it was me so I didn't make a new one this year)

3 comments:

  1. I really like reading your blog and seeing all of the things you do in your classroom. That is why I am giving you the Versitle Blogger Award.

    Nannette
    Third Grade's a Charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy... that goes for me too - cause I just awarded you with the same Versatile Blogger Award! Come by and check it out:
    http://firstgradeowls.blogspot.com/2011/09/are-you-versatile.html

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love how God likes to get all the glory and surprise us? We will try and try to make something happen in our own power, and then He comes along at the perfect timing and blesses us. Just amazing!

    Teaching Blog Addict
    ♥Teaching with TLC

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips