Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Today, 1/2 day, 1/2 day...Summer!! 5 Pocket Biographies

Hi, I've missed bloggin' this week, but it was one BUSY, BUSY week!  Report cards are done, the dance recital was wonderful, my son made the Advanced Band for the Jr. High (plus got one of the Student of the Year Awards & Principal's Awards for 6th grade!), and I learned more about the Common Core Standards!


My students' last homework assignment was a 5 Pocket Biography.  I got the idea from Proteacher.net.  Here is the link: http://www.proteacher.net/discussions/showthread.php?t=253821&highlight=biography+pocket
That was my post from last year (thankful is one of my other identities! :) ) Someone linked it to the sheet I used and the rubric.  Here are pictures of the ones they have turned in!
Ben Franklin

Sitting Bull

Mae Jemison

Dr. King

Dr. King

Abe Lincoln

Thomas Jefferson

Shirley Temple Black

Fredrick Douglas
I am very proud of how they did!  
Off to my last Tuesday and full day of the school year!
Look for another post tonight about the MAJOR project I took on in the last few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy,

    This looks like a great project but I can't access the proteacher site, can you explain the gist of the 5 pocket projects?

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips