Sunday, January 3, 2016

15 From 15...Reflections & Looking Forward!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had some big goals over break...well here we are at the last day & many of those goals...let's just say, 'Maybe next time!'...I thought I would blog several times, but this is it!

I'm linking up with Kristin, Hadar, & Traci...late...Kristin has blogged SIX times since she posted her linky!  Oh well, better late than never!

15 from 15...
I began 2015 with choosing my One Little Word for the year it was...

This year's word is...

I took this picture about a month ago...it will remind me to FIND things to be in Awe of...this year I want to FIND hope...FIND what is really important...FIND ways to live my mission statement...FIND inspiring people, images, & words...I think I will FIND new connections to the word FIND in the next 12 months!...my verse with it is "So I say to you, keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will FIND. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9 HCSB


In 2015 my printers at both home & school died. My school printer was replaced with a black ink laser printer.  It is very nice, but I LOVE COLOR! When we looked at printers for home I learned about HP's Instant Ink program.  On some of their printers, you can sign up for Instant Ink, a program in which the printer communicates with HP & lets them know when you are running low on ink & it ships a new cartridge to your house!  The program charges by the copy, not by the amount of ink, & unused pages roll over to the next month!  I LOVE IT!!!


This year I discovered NexusFont & I love it!! If you have a PC & you love fonts...I am a Fontaholic...you really should look into this program!  I have a tutorial for it which you can view HERE.


In 2015 I learned a lot about Google Apps for Education~GAFE I was blessed enough to attend 2 Google Summits...I have learned so much, but have SO MUCH more to learn...I hope to become  a Google Certified Teacher in 2016.
In 2015 I also became active on Twitter {I learned about it as a Professional Development tool from the 1st conference mentioned in #4}
I love Twitter & I am currently following 1220; most who are in the field of education!...I have participated in quite a few Twitter Chats...a great way to connect & learn! My twitter name is @thankfulndw

 Since I am on Social Media, I started with Instagram or IG this summer...it is great because I am visual...I am connecting & learning there too...one aspect of the learning curve about using IG is what this song by Rhett & Link explains...{start at 2:00}...
My teenaged son introduced me to Rhett & Link & I must say they CRACK ME UP!!
My IG Name is @the.apple.basket.teacher

In March, this adorable bundle of joy, my grandson was born!  We enjoy every visit we get with him!





After our school chose to have AR at our school I updated my whole classroom  library & leveled all of the books...it was a huge task, but I a so glad that my students can easily find books in their reading range.

Our school became a Leader in Me, based on Stephen Covey's Seven Habits, in 2015...I am very glad we are taking this journey together!


 The 2nd TpT Conference was this summer, and I was blessed to be able to attend.  It was one of the highlights of my year!



 This summer I had a new logo made for a variety of reasons.  I really like it and feel happy that it is unique to me alone!
This fall I learned about Naeir.  If you have not checked into Naeir & have a love of school/office supplies, I suggest you check into them!  I stopped posting because guilt over this obsession interest was getting to me!




 GoNoodle has continued to be a favorite in my room...my students last year raised most of the money to upgrade to GoNoodle Plus!




Proud Mom is my #15...I have been so proud of my kids!  Good grades, dance, plays, trumpet, tuba, singing & more...so proud.

I will try to post on Wednesday & have a new product or 2 up this month! {This post has taken me hours...I am just too slow at blogging!}
Happy 2016 to all of you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips