Sunday, March 15, 2015

5 for Frunday! {Google Conference; Tyler Update; Battle Bunny; Pi Day; Fonts!}




I learned quite a bit at the conference...here are 3 things that I learned...the first thing is the transformation of my Bookmark bar...I have 'favorited' so many sites over the last several years in Google Chrome...now the sites I go to the most simply have the icon for the site...others are now grouped in folder...
I also started doing a bit of Tweeting...and following others in education...my Twitter name is @thankfulndw...
Our school just got some Chromebooks & those of us that went to the conference were able to bring one along with us {I LOVED it!!}...I was in a session & they told us to right click...I raised my hand and asked how on a Chromebook...you tap with 2 fingers...a little thing, but big when you don't know it!!



I am thankful for all of the prayers for my son Tyler.  He had a heart catheter 2 weeks ago, & this last Monday he had a liver biopsy & a 24 hour heart monitor...we will probably have a followup in May...please keep him in your prayers...his son is due in less than two weeks...the picture above was the haircut he chose to get Wednesday...I must admit I love the new look!
I received the cutest book in my book order Friday...Battle Bunny...it looks like a child, Alex, received a book from his grandmother {inscription is on the cover page} called The Birthday Bunny & Alex 'modifies' the book!  I can totally picture a little boy rewriting & changing the pictures in his book.  I am excited to share this with my students this coming week!




I would love for you to drop by my Linky about Fonts...if you have ever posted tips about fonts I would love you to link that post up...I did just update my original post with a screencastify tutorial for using NexusFont...click on the button below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips