Thursday, July 14, 2016

Words Have Power ~ Words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

I have been preparing to write this post for DAYS.  I am finally ready to write the post that has been on my heart for the last week or so.

Our country has been going through some troubling days.  I had been visiting family in Northern California and there was no news on, what I learned at the time was through social media & it broke my heart...death, anger, hatred, violence, loss, pain, frustration...I thought I would post the words of Dr. King as my response, but I came across these words of John F. Kennedy:
I created this on my phone & posted it 5 days ago, but I kept thinking about Dr. King and his words.

I feel blessed to live in a country that chose to make a national holiday to celebrate, reflect on, & remember a man who stood for peace, love, & strength.  We lift up this man, but who did he get his values from?  Whom did he emulate?  Who helped him to choose to love instead of hate those who threatened not only his safety but that of his wife & children?

I have found that many children, maybe even many adults don't know what his profession was...he was a minister.  His strength, wisdom, calm, courage, and determination came from his relationship with Christ and faith in God.  We as a country look up to him, but we frequently jump over why he was who he was & what he deeply believed.

I have spent every spare moment since I got back home looking up his words & then designing 28 of his quotes in what I hope you will find is an aesthetically pleasing manner.  

Words have such power & the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. ring just as clearly & beautifully today as when he spoke or wrote them if we will choose to listen & reflect.  This set will be going up in my TpT store, but for those who stop by my blog, and hopefully read it, the set is my gift to you.  You are even getting a bonus.  I am providing you with PNG versions of the landscape view.  This means you can print them out as 4 x 6 prints or 5 x 7. Just be sure to uncheck the box that says "Fit picture to frame". You may print out the quotes in the PDF & you may use the square JPEGs on social media {please to not remove my watermark} and you can even set them up as a slide show on your computer screen.  

Take some time to read & reflect.
Here are the quotes in the square format:
{listed in alphabetical order}





















































Praying that LOVE will prevail in this country!  Thank you for taking the time to read this post.  I too have a relationship with Christ and He is the reason for my peace and joy.  If this is new to you, seek out someone that you know to speak with or find a Bible believing church, just like the one Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. lead and learn more about the man, Jesus, who was Dr. King's strength.

Click here for the link to the quotes! PLEASE let me know if you have any problems accessing the quotes!

Thanks,
Nancy

1 comment:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips